Dormitories Consent Form
I, .........................................................................., undertake to abide by the regulations detailed below during my stay in the Dormitories at Bilkent University:
1. I shall not occupy any space or use any furniture/items (room, bed, wardrobe, table, chair, etc.), apart from that which has been assigned to me, and I shall not keep any additional large items (furniture, etc.) in my room without the approval of the Dormitories Management.
2. I shall not change my room or assign my room to another person without permission from the Management.
3. I shall not accept visitors (even Bilkent students) anywhere except in areas designated by the Management.
4. I shall not let any guests (including family members) stay overnight in my room, and I shall not stay overnight in any room other than my own.
5. I shall not write graffiti on the walls, doors or furnishings of the buildings, or draw on, affix signs to, or damage dormitory property in any way, and I shall pay (at the current cost) for any damage caused by me.
6. I shall not keep or use alcoholic beverages, drugs or stimulants in the Dormitories or the surrounding areas.
7. I shall not smoke or use tobacco products inside dormitory buildings (in student rooms or any other indoor spaces), as specified by Law No. 5727.
8. I shall not gamble.
9. I shall not display in my room or on the premises any indecent pictures or posters.
10. I shall not keep any food items in closets or drawers in my room, or any odorous or spoiled items in refrigerators in the Dormitories (I herewith agree to the collection and disposal of such items by the Management without prior notice).
11. I shall not keep or use items, such as candles or incense, that could lead to a fire; also, I shall not iron in my room.
12. I shall keep my room door locked throughout my stay in the Dormitories; I shall not leave valuable items in my room unless they are securely locked up; I herewith agree that the Dormitories Management is not liable for any loss of or damage to my property, or for personal injuries sustained during my residence in the Dormitories.
13. In my relationships with others, I shall be civil and polite; I shall keep the environment clean; and I shall keep the volume of music, instruments, television, singing and talking at a reasonable level.
14. I shall keep my room and the premises clean and tidy.
15. I shall not keep pets in my room without written permission from the Dormitories Management.
16. I shall not interfere with the duties of Dormitory personnel; I shall be civil toward them.
17. I shall show my student ID card to Dormitory personnel and/or security officers whenever I am asked to do so.
18. I herewith state my acceptance that absenteeism from the Dormitories will result in the following penalties:
I will receive a "Warning" if I am absent from my dormitory without a valid excuse for a total of 5 days in one semester;
I will receive a "Reproval" if I am absent from my dormitory without a valid excuse for a total of 10 days in one semester;
I will be subject to "Temporary Removal" for a period lasting from one week to one semester if I am absent from my dormitory without a valid excuse for a total of 15 days in one semester; and
I will be subject to "Temporary Removal" for a period of not less than two semesters, or to "Dismissal" from the Dormitories if I am absent from my dormitory without a valid excuse for a total of 30 days in one semester.
Thus, I herewith undertake that I shall not be absent from my dormitory without a valid explanation or excuse; and agree that the records provided by security cameras and electronic card-entry systems will be deemed as sufficient proof in such cases.
19. Throughout my first year at Bilkent University, and as long as I am enrolled in the English Preparatory Program, I shall abide by the curfew hours of the Dormitories, which are: 12:30 a.m. on weekdays and 2:00 a.m. on weekends and holidays. I shall fill out the appropriate leave form in advance for a late entrance or an overnight absence (for home leave, etc.).
20. If the dormitory I reside in is closed for any reason during vacation periods and/or longer holidays, I agree to move into another dormitory, as designated by the Dormitories Management.
21. I agree that my dormitory or room may be changed if and when deemed appropriate by the Dormitories Management.
22. I agree that if my roommate/s terminate/s his/her/their stay at the dormitory during the semester, the Dormitories Management will take measures within 7 days in order to make use of any vacant beds in the dormitories in accordance with one of the following alternatives:
a. I may be moved to another room equivalent to that which I am occupying at present, in the same or a different dormitory.
b. Provided that I seek the approval of the Dormitories Management, I may find myself a new roommate/s to fill the vacated bed/s in the room.
If I am unable to implement either of the above options within 7 days, the Dormitories Management will remove the vacant bed/s and reduce the capacity of the room, and I (and my roommate/s, if any) will be charged for the vacated bed/s.
23. I agree that my room can be inspected by the Dormitory Managers or personnel to check for safety, cleanliness and compliance with the Dormitory Principles and Regulations.
24. I am aware that, each semester, I can be admitted to my dormitory three days before the beginning of classes at the earliest, and must leave the dormitory three days after the end of the semester at the latest (For exchange students, the starting date of the orientation program is considered as the semester/classes start date).
25. I am aware that non-scholarship students attending the Summer School may stay at the dormitories only upon payment of the Summer School dormitory fee. (This includes paying students enrolled in the English Preparatory Program, who, even though their studies are in progress, may only stay in the dormitories during the summer months upon payment of the Summer School dormitory fee.)
26. I am aware of the following Summer School procedures:
Bilkent students wishing to reside in the dormitories during the Summer School period may do so depending on availability. Priority is given to students who have resided in the dormitories throughout the Fall and Spring semesters of the current academic year.
Students wishing to reside in the dormitories during the Summer School period are charged in accordance with the rate schedule determined by the Rector's Office.
Students on comprehensive scholarship who have resided in the dormitories throughout the Fall and Spring semesters of the current academic year are entitled to reside in the dormitories during the Summer School period on a free-of-charge basis.
Students on comprehensive scholarship who have not resided in the dormitories throughout the Fall and Spring semesters of the current academic year may stay in the dormitories during the Summer School period, at a fee in accordance with the rate schedule determined by the Rector's Office.
27. I am aware that I cannot claim a refund if I am penalized by "Temporary Removal" or "Dismissal."
28. I shall use my student ID card to enter my dormitory. I am aware that I will be considered absent if I fail to do so. I shall not let others use my ID card. In case of the loss or crash of my ID card, I shall renew my card within one week at most.
29. I shall heed all notices and announcements issued by the Dormitories Management and accept them as rules.
30. I am aware that: dormitory applications are renewed annually, and the dormitory application period for the upcoming academic year begins during the last month of the preceding Spring semester; if I wish to continue residing in the dormitories during the upcoming academic year I must submit my dormitory application through the Bildorm online dormitory application system and fulfill my financial obligations in accordance with the specified time frame and instructions. I know that if I fail to do so, I will not be assigned a space in the dormitories; and if I submit a late application, it will be considered only following the allocation of dormitory space to newly admitted students, on the basis of availability at that point.
31. I shall fulfill all required administrative and financial obligations before checking into my dormitory; I shall take up residence in my room only after a complete inspection, and shall let the Dormitories Management know of existing damage, if any, within 24 hours, and agree that payment for such damage will be charged to my account if I fail to do so.
32. I shall inform the Dormitories Management and complete the check-out procedures before I leave my dormitory. I herewith agree in advance that if I fail to do so, any possessions I may leave in the room will be collected and disposed of, and I will in such case have no claim to these items.
33. I shall not leave shoes, slippers or other personal belongings outside my room, and I shall not leave my wastebasket out, except during the waste collection hours specified by the Dormitories Management.
34. I am aware that I am allowed to reserve space for and host guests only in specified guest rooms, at specified daily rates.
35. I shall obey the General Principles and Regulations of the Dormitories and the rules stated above, as well as any further decisions taken by the University in relation to the Dormitories (including those published as updates on the Bilkent website); and I am fully aware that, otherwise, disciplinary action will be taken against me, as a result of which I may be suspended or expelled from the Dormitories, and referred to my faculty or school for similar disciplinary procedures.
Student's Full Name: