Settings for other
You have to make
changes in the settings of your movile device's e-mail software to
new servers and new account name format.
that you choose IMAP as the message transfer protocol on a mobile
device to minimize 3G or Edge traffic volume.
- SMTP (Outgoing mail) server: asmtp.bilkent.edu.tr
- POP3 (Incoming mail) server: mail.bilkent.edu.tr
- IMAP (Incoming mail) server: mail.bilkent.edu.tr
We also strongly
recommend you to set the SMTP port value to 587 rather than its default
value of 25. This way you will not experience problems if you are
located on a network which is blocking port 25 traffic to stop
compromised computers sending out spam.
important SMTP parameter is "Authentiction required for sending e-mail"
(though wording could be different)
- Enable "authentication needed" for outgoing mail;"
- use your full e-mail address as the user id; (e.g.
- use the same password you use to read/check your e-mail.